A secure (log on) Members site is available, providing access to member directories, board policies, and more. This frequently requested information is relevant to members and pledging friends of DuPage UU Church.
Register for access and create your log on credentials at members.dupageuuchurch.org.
Our mission: We gather as an inclusive community to grow in character, mind and spirit and to transform the world toward fairness, love and compassion.
Our vision: Shared Values | Diverse Beliefs | Beloved Community
Frequently accessed links:
Bring your coffee! Virtual Social Time is held every Sunday at 11:30am, following the service. Join Reverend Connie and friends for conversation and community. Click the link below for the Zoom information.
Monthly Board meeting agenda: The general session of all monthly Board meetings is open to all who would like to listen in.
Zoom with Your Board for conversation and questions on the 1st Sunday of the month. Click the link below for the Zoom information.
DuPage UU Church response to Coronavirus news and recommendations
Please read the Re-Opening Plan and note that the date of return to in-person Sunday Services and gatherings is now fluid, as we continue to follow guidance by the CDC and our state leaders.
We continue to meet virtually on Sundays and for meetings! Join us online, livestreaming on Sundays at 10:30 am, or at your convenience.
The church is open for groups of 10 or fewer. All meetings must be scheduled and confirmed through firstname.lastname@example.org. If multiple meetings are taking place during the same time frame, we will stagger the start and end times so there is less cross traffic. Impromptu meetings are not allowed inside the building. Masks will be required for entry into the building. A supply of disposable masks will be available at the front door for those who do not bring their own.
Four meeting spaces are available and will have only ten chairs in the room with floor markings to indicate their proper distance. The rooms available are Founders, Learning Center, Kreves Hall and the rear corner of the Sanctuary. We will have disinfectant supplies and hand sanitizer available in each meeting room, restrooms, and the elevators. All fabric chairs will be removed from meeting rooms and replaced with hard surface chairs allowing for more effective disinfecting.
The following Group Expectations and Guidelines will be posted in meeting spaces and sent to group leaders:
- For the safety of your group, other groups and church staff please enforce our safety measures within your groups.
- Please ask members of your group to refrain from attending if they show signs of illness (coughing, fever, sore throat).
- Arrive no sooner than five minutes early and leave no later than five minutes after scheduled ending time.
- No community food or drinks to share.
- Wear facemask while traveling through building. If seated and socially distanced facemask may be removed if all parties are agreeable.
- Wipe chair surfaces using disinfectant wipes after use. Group leader ensures any other surfaces used during gathering are disinfected before exiting. Consider disinfecting your chair upon arrival. Use disinfectant wipe and allow a few minutes to air dry.
- If using elevator, wipe buttons with disinfect wipe after selection.
- If using restroom, disinfect touched surfaces after (and before) use.
- No congregating on sidewalk or public spaces after or before meeting.
- Individual impromptu meetings can take place on benches in backyard.
We do encourage individuals or families to visit the church property and enjoy our prairie, gardens and labyrinth at any time (no reservation required). If small groups would like to meet in the backyard for a social gathering or meeting, it should be scheduled through email@example.com to avoid conflicts.
Thank you and we will continue to asses meeting options and group size as the summer progresses.
Original letter to the congregation
The Board has resumed its study into simplifying how we accomplish our work in this beloved community. The Congregation approved a trial year of our new governance structure at the June 6 Annual Meeting.
- What's all this about Policy-based Governance? Find an introduction and summary as well as proposed/draft Bylaws, Policy Manual, and Organization Chart.
- Visit the Policy-based Governance Q&A and view the Policy-based Governance presentation slides
- Thanks to those who joined the introductory Forums on 2/21, 2/22 or 2/28. A recording of the 2/21 session is available now on our YouTube page.
Mindfulness Meditation, Mondays 7:00pm - 8:45pm
This mindfulness meditation group is open to anyone who has interest in meditation from beginners to more advanced. Our time together consists of sitting meditation, walking meditation (when we meet in person), a short teaching and responsive group sharing.